Photo courtesy of Building Tomorrow, Uganda
Are you passionate about education and social change?
Join our team!
You will be an integral member of a one-of-a-kind membership organisation that strives to transform education in developing countries.
Location: Flexible, some international travel
Salary details: £35,000 per annum + plus career average pension scheme + other benefits
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 21 Nov 2019
About the role:
The Programme Manager is a key member of the GSF team, working primarily with the Programme Director to design and deliver relevant and usable content for GSF members, through both live and virtual convenings. The Programme Manager will have a strong understanding of our members’ needs through regular touchpoints, thus ensuring the program is relevant and responsive.
Additionally, the Programme Manager will identify external partners and leverage current research to support GSF’s members’ growth and to build their capacity.
- Experience and knowledge working in an education setting.
- Passionate in supporting school systems so that they are better positioned to achieve their mission.
- Effective at building relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial, have a meticulous attention to detail and a demonstrable track record of success in project management by setting priorities, shaping processes, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Comfortable being a self-starter or playing a supporting role, based on the project and the needs.
- Open to international travel up to 4 times a year.
- 27 days annual leave
- 11% employer pension contribution
- Access to a range of discounts through Ark Reward Scheme which includes reduced gym membership, discounts at major retailers
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees.
How to apply:
Apply via Ark online portal with a CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should be one page, providing details of why you would be a good fit for the position; why your experience, expertise and interests are relevant to the role; why you want to work for Global Schools Forum; and how what you’ve done to date is relevant to what we’re looking for.
Please click here for a detailed job description
For a confidential discussion about the role, please email email@example.com with the subject “Programme Manager, Global Schools Forum”.
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.