Join UsOur members are non-state pre-primary, primary and secondary schools and school networks working to deliver quality education to children from low income families. They align with our vision and mission and collaborate together with us to strengthen the non-state education sector.
If your school or school network aligns with the vision and mission of GSF, then we would love to hear from you.
Just click below and complete our Expression of Interest Form and we will be in touch.
Building a Strong Education SystemTogether with our members, we want to be part of building a strong education system where:
- Children from low income backgrounds have access to quality education regardless of their ability to pay, gender, religious affiliation or any other defining characteristic, delivered by government and/or non-state organisations
- Learning outcomes are measured and reported on regularly and consistently
- All schools are rigorous and transparent about intakes and results. This includes, but is not limited to, schools having clear admissions policies and fully publishing their results.
- Schools are independently evaluated for quality and learning and the outcomes are shared publically
- Schools promote student engagement, providing opportunities for leadership and voice
Our CommunityGSF is a dynamic, learning and growing community of like-minded members who:
- Participate and contribute in discussions on the Collaboration Platform
- Bring their knowledge and expertise to GSF and actively share best practice with other members
- Disseminate information within their schools and networks to maximise impact
- Are ambassadors of GSF and invite others to join
- Make recommendations to improve existing services or suggest new ones
How We Work
We focus on four major work streams, aiming to strengthen our members and the non-state sector by encouraging collaboration, providing expertise, representing and communicating on behalf of the non-state sector, and promoting common metrics.
Encourage CollaborationWe provide opportunities for schools and schools networks to collaborate with one another and to network with researchers, funders and investors. We do this through our annual meeting, and by providing an online platform where operators can network, collaborate, seek advice, share tools and resources and discuss shared challenges on an ongoing basis.
Provide ExpertiseBeing responsive to the needs of schools and school networks, we provide access to high quality expertise, talent and resources. This includes providing access to a pool of experts, regular webinars, a Fellowship Programme and a Jobs Board as well as Toolkits that members can access at any time.
Represent and CommunicateWe provide a collective voice across the sector which includes communicating with stakeholders in the global education community such as multilateral and bilateral organisations and governments. We also develop and disseminate communication materials and share a repository of rigorous research.
Promote Common MetricsWe collect and share data on a set of basic metrics that members disclose, reporting on a regular basis. Over time we will collate a longitudinal dataset that contributes to the global evidence base on the non-state sector with the aim of bringing greater rigour and transparency to the sector.
Member Collaboration PlatformOur online platform is accessible to all our members and includes:
- A forum, where you can network and collaborate with other schools and school networks in the non-state sector. Ask questions and share ideas and best practice on an ongoing basis
- Thematic subgroups, where you can engage in more specialized discussion within topic areas such as curriculum and learning, emerging innovations and property management
- Access to expertise, including expert Q&A sessions, GSF Fellowship Programme and a roster of consultants to meet your needs
- Access to tools and resources, including a media toolkit, designed specifically for our members, a job board and many other resources